I’m setting off tomorrow for a girls getaway weekend in Nashville! My best friends live all over, so we try to make it a point to get together with just us girls. Last year we went to Charleston, which was a blast. What a cute city! This time around we decided to visit one of our besties in Nashville. She has been living there for a while and knows all the ins and outs of the city, so Nashville it is! I highly recommend starting this tradition! Over the last couple of weeks I have been prepping for this weekend getaway. Here’s how:
- Lists, lists, lists! One of my best friends that’s going on this trip is a lover of lists, which totally rubbed off on me, which I’m so thankful for (thanks Mandy!) The first list is all about the outfits. I figure out the vibe of the destination (thank you Pinterest), search my closet, and I mix and match outfits to see what I have and what I need to pick up.
- About a week out I complete all of my laundry and start putting things away. I love to have freshly washed and iron clothes when I go away, it makes me feel more put together.
- Gather travel sized toiletries (TIP for New York City dwellers: go to Bed Bath and Beyond, they’re prices are much more reasonable). I always try to pack a carry on when going away for the weekend. It makes life easier whenever I land. Also, I have this fear that my luggage will be the lucky one to get lost. Ugh!
- One thing I’ve decided to do this time around is to get skincare products for the plane. I have been reading about how great this is for your skin, so I’m going to head out after work today to purchase some goodies. I’ll keep you posted!
- Last, but not least, treat yourself to a mani and pedi! I have a favorite spot in Williamsburg that has so many colors to choose from, it’s overwhelming, but in the best way 😉 I always feel great once I sit down at the nail salon bc I know I’m prepared and ready to jet off.
Go plan a trip with your besties!